Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sehri without a soul

I am so sleepy, but that doesn't matter because I have to-under all circumstances-drag myself to make this sehri, because this along with all the other boring tasks of this house is my responsibility! Right, so four omelettes, I have exactly ten minutes to complete these. Ive not even had my coffee yet, and I can't function without it, however if I take five minutes out for myself I'll be running late and everyone would be complaining any second now. What about my needs? I want sehri before evryone else for once in my life. I hate this sexist world!

5 comments:

Bina Aisha Shah said...

I always think moms should eat first, then make the food for others. Or someone should make mom's food for her.

Anonymous said...

Sexist? I think, not. Women DO feel needed if you ask them to do something in a polite way, such as, "Honey, would you mind making me a sandwich?" That would get a reaction of. Aw, poor baby, isn't he cute.

It's all about approach.

Anonymous said...

The para is very well written though. =)

Zoyaa said...

See umair that is a complete stereotype! not ALL women feel needed if you give them domestic chores! its just these gender roles that we've been following for centuries so we feel that women MUST feel a certain way, when really its all social pressure.

Zoyaa said...

thanks for the compliment though :)