Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Naturally true

We were finally going to go rafting. Atlast! The weather was near perfection and it was heavenly to feel the sun shining on my face, especially after five months of winter and the intense cold that accompanied it. Sitting in the car, I pulled the window down to let the air from outside swoosh in and play havoc with my hair. I took a deep breath. everything seemed to be getting better already. Maybe it was psychological, but my worries seemed so far and out of reach the further away we got from the city.
Mom and dad had been up for the family holiday from day one, but Bella and Edward (my sister and brother) had always found some reason or the other to oppose the idea. Bella hated nature, period. ( 'All those insects,eew!') Edward, on the other hand, just couldn't get enough of his 'social appointments'. I've always been the 'tree hugger' in our family. Nothing makes me happier than being out of the city and interacting with nature - we all need to go back to our origins from time to time.

No comments: